Graduate Degree Programs in the Department of Electrical Engineering & Computing Systems
The Department of Electrical Engineering & Computing Systems offers the following graduate degree programs:
- Masters of Engineering in Electrical Engineering (EE-MEng)
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering (EE-MS)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering (EE-PhD)
- Masters of Engineering in Computer Engineering (CompE-MEng)
- Masters of Science in Computer Engineering (CompE-MS)
- Masters of Engineering in Computer Science (CS-MEng)
- Masters of Science in Computer Science (CS-MS)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE-PhD)
Graduate studies and research programs in EECS are organized along the lines of faculty interests and expertise. The faculty members are grouped together in interrelated but distinct research areas. This structure allows the critical mass necessary to facilitate innovative research efforts. Graduate programs, providing a balance between formal classroom instruction and research, are tailored to each student’s professional goals.
The graduate programs involve more than 270 full-time and 70 part-time graduate students. The graduate research and education programs are well funded by internal and external research sources with a total of $6,900,000 awarded last year.
This provides excellent opportunities to work on exciting and challenging projects funded by national and state research agencies like the National Science Foundation (NSF), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Army Research Office, Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Office of Naval Research, Battelle Memorial Institute, Dayton Area Graduate Studies Institute, and the Ohio Department of Transportation.
Our collaborative research projects are also well funded by international, national, and local industries like Alcatel-Lucent, Texas Instruments, Procter and Gamble, General Electric, Motorola, EDAptive Computing, Taitech, Von Durpin Inc., and Dow-Corning.